DWF’s expertise in consumer credit law is recognised nationally and we have specialist teams located across the UK. Our leading UK team provides the retail, consumer, motor sectors with industry focused advice and are praised for delivering advice that fits perfectly into clients’ businesses.
We strive to provide a full life agreement consultative approach to the way we do business to support our lender clients in providing them with a holistic approach to compliance and regulation. The team’s experience covers all areas of consumer credit, insurance mediation, mortgage regulation and other financial services regulated products from advertising and drafting documentation through to implementing new business initiatives.
Our expertise includes advising on:
- What constitutes regulated activity including authorisation by the FCA and the requirements of the Threshold Conditions and the Consumer Credit Sourcebook (CONC).
- The FCA High Level Standards to include the Senior Management Arrangements Systems and Controls.
- Arrangements for Approved Persons, the Dispute Resolution (including FOS) Jurisdiction) FCA Supervision, Training and Competence Requirements.
- The regulation of Professional Firms in relation to FCA regulated activities.
- The establishment of internal compliance systems.
- Legal compliance audit and rectification advice and assistance.
- Preparation and implementation advice on policies and procedures to cover CONC and the High Level Standards.
- Advice on mortgage regulation and the Mortgage Credit Directive.
- Strategic advice on how FS businesses should approach Conduct Risk.
- Insurance mediation.
- Statutory disclosure issues.
- Section 166 investigations
- Bribery Act compliance and investigations
Meet our team of experts.